Asphalt pavement, whether a residential driveway or a commercial parking lot, is an excellent solution when compared to alternatives such as concrete. Why? Because asphalt is a durable and low-maintenance material. Asphalt pavement can withstand high temperatures and heavy loads – perfect for handling vehicle traffic. This is why roads and parking lots are almost always paved with asphalt.
In addition, asphalt is easier to repair compared to concrete. That means you can save money too. Since asphalt is long-lasting and requires low maintenance, you won’t spend so much on its upkeep.
Another way to ensure you’re not spending too much money on your driveway or parking lot is to understand what asphalt paving solutions you need. This is because when you know what services you need, your contractor won’t be able to convince you to pay for something you don’t need. So here are some tips on the necessary asphalt paving solutions for your driveway or commercial parking lot.
Asphalt Paving Solutions for Residential Driveways
Aside from the installation and repair, other processes are involved in asphalt paving. Here are some of the solutions needed to ensure quality and long-lasting driveway pavement:
- Excavation and grading. One of the first steps in asphalt installation is excavation and grading. It is necessary to prepare the ground and ensures you have a level and stable base for the pavement.
- Drainage. Proper drainage is essential because most driveways are connected to the lawn or garden in most homes. Adding catch basis or French drains to manage water runoff and keep them from seeping into the asphalt pavement later. Proper drainage will help maintain the integrity of your driveway pavement.
- Sealcoating. After laying the asphalt and it has cured, the next step is applying a protective coating. This process is called sealcoating and helps prevent premature damage to the asphalt caused by water, sunlight, and extreme weather conditions.
- Coloring. You can get an asphalt coloring service if you want a more attractive driveway pavement. Your contractor will add color to the asphalt, and you can decide what color you want – perhaps something that matches your house.
- Asphalt milling. This process involves removing some of the top layers of your asphalt to prepare for a new layer. This is usually done to repair potholes and cracks.
Asphalt Paving Solutions for Parking Lot
Like driveway pavement, there are also some necessary paving solutions to make your parking lot more durable and long-lasting.
- Demolition. If anything needs to be demolished and removed to give way to your parking lot, demolition and removal is the first step in an asphalt parking lot installation. Heavy machinery like forklifts, small bobcats, loaders, and dump trucks are used in this process.
- Grading. Your asphalt pavement needs proper drainage to keep the integrity of its foundation. Thus, it is necessary to do grading and sloping to ensure that water will run off and not stay on the pavement.
- Sub-base preparation. Preparing the sub-base is essential to ensure your asphalt pavement has a stable foundation.
- Striping. Your parking lot pavement needs proper markings not just for aesthetic purposes but also for safety reasons. The parking lot needs markings to indicate pedestrian crosswalks, parking spaces, PWD spaces, and more.
The Anderson & Sons Asphalt Solutions
What necessary asphalt paving solutions for your property depends on your needs and preferences. And if you’re not sure which solution fits your driveway or parking lot, it’s better to consult a professional paving contractor. And this is where Anderson & Sons Asphalt comes in.
We are the best asphalt paving company in Pinellas. We offer premium paving services for residential and commercial clients. Whether sealcoating or asphalt paving repair, we use industry-leading and high-quality materials. Our 100% customer satisfaction approval rating speaks for the quality of our work.